General Responsibility of NS
The Network Services Group of IST is responsible for the continuing evolution and on-going operation of the network-infrastructure building blocks of the enterprise-wide computing and communications environment. The Group has architectural and operational responsibility for:
- wired and wireless transmission systems for voice, image, and data,
- switch/router devices, network servers, telephone systems, physical security/surveillance systems, and
- mechanisms for the operational management of these campus facilities,
and provides infrastructure support to the campus through:
- technology tracking and assessment,
- pre-acquisition evaluation and hardware/software specification and selection,
- post-acquisition configuration, packaging, and testing, and
- specification of network and physical security mechanisms and operational procedures,
- installation, operation, monitoring, and resolution of problems with network, telephone, and physical security/surveillance devices.
Organization Structure for NS
The organization structure for NS is along technology lines. Such a structure gives a clear indication of responsibility for the complete implementation, ongoing support and continual modernization of services and infrastructure.
Group Director, Network Services
Physical Security and Cable Plant
Manager, Network Support and Development
Manager, Telecommunications Services
Maintained by Network Services, IST.